Bring a parent with you on the first day of Band Camp. This is to ensure we have the right contact information and to share any additional information about the week. Please bring the following forms if you have not yet submitted.
- Marching Band Application
- Parent Volunteer Agreement
- Blue Emergency Cards – we must have these on file the first day of Band Camp.
- VHSL Physical Form – this is a requirement for Marching Band
- Rehearsal begins promptly each day. Arrival 15 minutes early is must! Use this time to hydrate, put on sun screen, set your instrument, equipment and warm up.
What to Wear / Bring
Wear comfortable clothing. Light colors are recommended. Socks and proper tennis shoes are required, no sandals or flip-flops. Converse and Vans do not offer much support. In addition, please bring the following:
- Water Bottle
- Drill charts
- a positive attitude
- your SMILE
What to do
- Put on sunscreen before you arrive for camp and re-apply during the day.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- During the day, notify an adult if you are feeling sick, dizzy, etc. DON’T push yourself to the point of passing out.
- Drink plenty of water/ sports drinks during band camp.
- Be careful not to lock your knees when standing at attention, you may pass-out!